SAIT programs are offered through eight academic schools: Business, Construction, the MacPhail School of Energy, Health and Public Safety, Hospitality and Tourism, Information and Communications Technologies, Manufacturing and Automation, and Transportation. English Language Foundations and Academic Upgrading are also offered, as well as Continuing Education courses and Corporate Training.
SAIT works closely with industry to ensure graduate success and program relevance — according to the 2014 graduate employment survey, 94% of SAIT graduates are employed.
SAIT offers transfer options for its baccalaureate and applied degrees, diplomas and some certificate programs. More than 800 transfer options are available toward degrees and other credentials at 80 post-secondary institutions provincially, nationally and internationally or toward other SAIT programs.
- Main Campus
- 1301 16 Avenue NW, Calgary, AB T2M 0L4
- Mayland Heights
- 1940 Centre Avenue NE, Calgary, AB T2E 0A7
- Art Smith Aero Centre
- 1916 McCall Landing NE, Calgary, AB T2E 9C2
- Culinary Campus
- 230 8 Avenue SW, Calgary, AB T2P 1B5
SAIT is renowned for:
- Energy and Construction Technologies
- Manufacturing and Automation
- Business Studies
- Information, Communications and New Media Technologies
- Culinary and Hospitality
- Health Technologies
SAIT offers bachelor's degrees in:
- Bachelor of Business Administration (majors in Accounting, Financial Services, Human Resource Management, Management, Marketing and Supply Chain Management)
- Bachelor of Science (Construction Project Management)
SAIT offers applied degrees in:
- Bachelor of Applied Business Administration (Accounting)
- Bachelor of Applied Technology (Geographic Information Systems)
- Bachelor of Applied Technology (Petroleum Engineering)
Institutional Data from 2014-2015 Academic Year*
|Full-time students||11, 083|
|Part-time students||6, 687|
|Apprenticeship students||8, 258|
|Total For-Credit Enrolment (Headcount)||26, 028|
Annual intake of new students:
|Standalone Bachelor's Degrees||5|
|Total Graduates, academic year 2014-2015||4,941|
|Graduate employment rate||94%|
*Please note: Polytechnics Canada's data reporting rules may vary from those of our individual members. Theref
Applied Research and Innovation Services
Applied Research and Innovation Services
- SAIT’s research priority is to further student knowledge and experience through innovative, industry-driven projects that solve practical problems. By focusing on prototyping, simulation and validation, students build expertise and generate solutions to meet the needs of industry, government and the community. This work has been recognized — SAIT is listed third by Canada’s Top 50 Research Colleges.
- SAIT’s Applied Research and Innovation Services (ARIS) is recognized for its activities in green building, sports and wellness engineering, waste-to-biofuel initiatives, water treatment and remediation, electronics, information and communications applications, and technologies for the health, culinary and oil and gas industries. ARIS projects include biodiesel processing, skeleton and bobsleigh prototyping and development, mobile water desalination and industry-related produced water technologies, net-zero home development, radio frequency identification applications, solar-powered energy systems, rain-water capture and use, quantum key development and more.
- Students carry out industry-based coursework projects through the Innovative Student Project Fund — a fund supported by SAIT, the Alberta Association of Colleges and Technical Institutes, the Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council, SAIT’s ’88 Legacy Fund and Alberta Innovates Technology Futures.
- SAIT’s long-term commitment to applied research is being carried into the future at the Enerplus Centre for Innovation. Launched in 2012 with a $5million investment by Enerplus, the Centre includes both specialized and adaptable lab spaces. Companies will find industrial-scale facilities to cost-effectively develop new technologies and validate product performance, as well as convenient access to the SAIT Applied Research team of experts dedicated to developing, fabricating and testing innovation solutions. The 20,000sq. ft. research facility is housed inside Aldred Centre, one of three buildings that make up the $400 million Trades and Technology Complex.
- The English Language Foundations (ELF) program is a skills-based curriculum which develops English speaking, listening, reading and writing. Computer technology is incorporated into the program. Most ELF students are preparing for admission into SAIT career programs.
International Activities and International Educational Partnerships
- The International Centre offers social, cultural and recreational activities that provide the opportunity for students to integrate with peers from approximately 95 countries.
- SAIT is a partner in the Global Education Network along with Box Hill Institute (Melbourne, Australia), Kirkwood Community College (Cedar Rapids, Iowa, USA), and the Institute of Technical Education (Singapore). This initiative offers students in participating academic programs the opportunity to study abroad at a partner institution for a short-term study tour or a full semester exchange.
- SAIT also offers international oil and gas training. For more than three decades, SAIT has worked with multinational companies to support workforce nationalization goals. SAIT’s unique Training Solution for Workforce Nationalization includes recruitment, assessment and learner support services; preparatory training (foundational science, English as a second language and occupational English); hands-on technical training (operations and maintenance, health, and environment); as well as management and cultural awareness training.
Toll free: 1.877.284.7248
Art Smith Aero Centre for Training and Technology
President and CEO
Dr. David Ross
CFO and Senior Vice President
Vice President, Academic
Vice President, Corporate Development and Applied Research
Dr. Alex Zahavich
Associate Vice President, Communications and Marketing
Registrar/Director, Student Services
Director, Alumni and Development
Manager, International Centre
Director, Government and Community Relations
Public Relations Specialist
Associate Vice President, Corporate Training Solutions