Fanshawe is a comprehensive college serving the greater London region by providing flexible learning arrangements and experiential education opportunities developed in response to labour market needs.
One of Ontario's largest colleges – with four campuses in London, Simcoe, St. Thomas and Woodstock – Fanshawe offers more than 200 degree, diploma, certificate and apprenticeship programs to 43,000 students each year. Our goal is to help people unlock their potential and achieve success in a variety of disciplines, including applied arts, technology, business, health care, human services and hospitality.
Fanshawe also plays an important role in providing re-skilling and skill upgrading opportunities for mature learners through the design and delivery of custom training for federally and provincially sponsored trainees, community organizations, sectoral training councils and private sector employers in the business, health, industrial and services sectors.
43,000 students annually registered
- 21,000 Full-time students
- 22,000 Part-time students
Students and Campuses
- 9,000 first-year students (annual intake)
- 3,500 Full-time International Students (70 countries)
Enrolment at Four Campuses
- London Campus 20,000
- Regional Campuses 1,000 (Simcoe, Woodstock, St. Thomas)
Programs and Credentials
- 1 Year Certificates
- 59 (including Apprenticeship in construction, industrial, motive power and service)
- 2 Year Diplomas and
- 3 Year Advanced Diplomas
- 124 Diplomas and Advanced Diplomas
- 4 Year Degrees
- 8 Honours Bachelor Degrees
- 3 Collaborative Degrees
- 1 Year Graduate Certificates
- 50+ Graduate certificate programs
Fanshawe offers Bachelor’s Degrees in:
- Honours Bachelor of Applied Technology - Biotechnology
- Honours Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting)
- Honours Bachelor of Commerce (Digital Marketing)
- Honours Bachelor of Commerce (Human Resources Management)
- Honours Bachelor of Commerce (Management)
- Honours Bachelor of Early Childhood Leadership
- Honours Bachelor of Environmental Design and Planning
- Honours Bachelor of Interior Design
Fanshawe offers Collaborative Degrees in:
- Bachelor's Degree and Graduate Certificate - Contemporary Media: Theory and Production
- Bachelor of Musical Arts and Ontario College Diploma
- Bachelor of Science – Nursing
Fanshawe offers an array of Apprenticeships and Skilled Trades programming
In today's global marketplace, there is an increasing demand for skilled trades. Through supportive workplace-based training with experienced mentors, Fanshawe responds to the diverse requirements of thriving employers across four sectors: construction, industrial, motive power and service. With its 40+ skilled trade and apprenticeship programs, Fanshawe delivers innovative, hands-on learning in small classes, and provides abundant academic pathways to ensure student success.
- Total Graduates, calendar year 2016: 7,828
- Graduate employment rate: 87%
The Centre for Research and Innovation (CRI) is Fanshawe’s gateway to industry, business and community partnerships linking student and faculty researchers to research and innovation projects and programs across Southwestern Ontario and beyond. For more information, visit: www.fanshawec.ca/programs-and-courses/academic-schools/research/about-cri
Fanshawe’s Canadian Centre for Product Validation (CCPV) bridges the gap between innovation and commercialization through product validation. There is no other facility like the CCPV in Canada. With a 25,000 square-foot centre, housing leading-edge validation technologies and equipment, the Centre offers prototyping and testing in one central location – with full developmental multimodal capabilities under one roof for cost-effective results. For more information, visit: www.ccpv.ca
Fanshawe’s Close Industry Partners
- A&L Canada Laboratories Inc.
- General Dynamics Land Systems Canada
- International Erosion Control Systems
- Movement Disorders Diagnostic Technologies
- Integra Medical Inc.
On the global stage, Fanshawe College is recognized through the I-Graduate International Student Barometer (ISB) survey, as ranking among the world’s education leaders for student satisfaction. According to the 2016 ISB results, Fanshawe is second in the world for student satisfaction within its overall learning experience.
Through a demonstrated commitment to student satisfaction and graduate employment, the College offers more than 200 post-secondary certificate, diploma, graduate and bachelor degree programs at six campuses in southwestern Ontario. Its diverse, international student population of 4,000+ full-time students includes representation from more than 75 countries. And, through worldwide collaboration, Fanshawe has 29 academic exchange agreements with post-secondary institutions in 16 countries across Europe, Asia, South America and the Caribbean.
Depending on their programs, students may also have an opportunity to participate in field study programs abroad in Brazil, Italy, Spain, Costa Rica and India. Fanshawe also has International Education Advisors living or travelling to other parts of the world, including China, India, Korea, Russia, Vietnam, Turkey, Philippines, Jamaica, and beyond. And, the College supports 600+ pathways involving 70 partners across 10 countries. This significant and ever-expanding activity exemplifies Fanshawe’s strong reputation within the international community.
Senior Vice-President, Academic Services