BCIT offers programs that lead to certificates, diplomas and degrees in technologies, business, health sciences and trades. BCIT's many programs are available in part-time and online formats as well as through full-time study. As a polytechnic institute, BCIT conducts applied research, technology transfer activities (the taking of ideas to the marketplace), and corporate and industry training and upgrading.
- Main Campus (Burnaby)
- Downtown Campus (Vancouver)
- Marine Campus (North Vancouver)
- Aerospace and Technology Campus (Richmond)
- Great Northern Way Campus (Vancouver)
British Columbia Institute of Technology is renowned for their expertise in:
- Technology, Engineering, and Applied Sciences
- Health Sciences
- Business Studies
BCIT offers Bachelor's Degrees in:
- Bachelor of Accounting
- Bachelor of Architectural Science
- Bachelor of Business Administration
- Bachelor of Engineering - Civil Engineering (levels 1-4 and 5-8)
- Bachelor of Engineering – Electrical Engineering
- Bachelor of Engineering – Mechanical Engineering
- Bachelor of Engineering – Mining and Mineral Resource Engineering
- Bachelor of Interior Design
- Bachelor of Science – Ecological Restoration
- Bachelor of Science – Food Technology and Operations Management
- Bachelor of Science – Nursing
- Bachelor of Science – Radiation Therapy
- Bachelor of Science – Specialty Nursing
- Bachelor of Technology - Architectural Science
- Bachelor of Technology – Construction Management
- Bachelor of Technology – Electronics
- Bachelor of Technology – Environmental Engineering Technology
- Bachelor of Technology – Environmental Health
- Bachelor of Technology – Forensic Investigation (All options)
- Bachelor of Technology - Geographic Information Systems
- Bachelor of Technology – Geomatics
- Bachelor of Technology – Manufacturing
- Bachelor of Technology – Technology Management
- Computer Systems
- Computer Systems Technology - Games Development option
- Computer Systems Technology - Network Security Admin option
- Computer Systems Technology (All options)
- Environmental Engineering
- Honours in Biotechnology
- Leadership and Management
- Management Health
- Medical Imaging
Institutional Data from the 2015-2016 Reporting Year
The student count is calculated by summing full-time enrollment, part-time enrollment, other-credit enrollment, and the number of apprentices pursuing training at the institution.
Research & Development
Research at BCIT serves BCIT’s core education function and employers’ success. BCIT’s research is applied; contributing to the learner experience and, through practical application, advancing the state of practice - furthering economic, social & environmental prosperity in BC. BCIT’s research themes and projects aim to develop opportunities and provide solutions for business and industry technical challenges. Research at BCIT links with and is responsive to employer needs and the development of competitive advantage.
BCIT’s Applied Research Liaison Office within our Centre for Applied Research and Innovation provides a welcoming “front door” for business and industry wishing to engage with the extensive research capabilities and resources within BCIT. BCIT has a mosaic of talents and some uniquely focused or specialized interdisciplinary research resources.
- Advanced prototype development and evaluation services.
- BCIT Technology Centre
- Building Envelope Test Hut
- Building Science Centre of Excellence
- Centre for Forensic and Security Studies
- Centre for Green Roof Technology
- Canadian Housing and Construction Centre
- Centre for Infrastructure Management
- Dr. Tong Louie Living Laboratory
- Food Analysis Lab and Pilot Plant
- Herbal Analysis and Evaluation Lab
- Industrial Instrumentation Process Lab
- Internet Engineering Lab
- Intelligent micro-grid test infrastructure
- “Technology Place” multi-tenant partner building.
BCIT welcomes international students from around the world with a variety of program options. BCIT’s partnerships with well-qualified, like-minded foreign institutions create opportunities for international students to earn BCIT international diplomas and to articulate into BCIT’s domestic programs. BCIT’s International Student Entry Program prepares students with skills for success, including language training. The Confucius Institute at BCIT offers a range of practical programs aimed at increasing cultural awareness and business connections with China.
International Activities and International Educational Partnerships
BCIT welcomes international students from all parts of the world. The institute offers international diploma programs with several partner institutions in China, Korea and Chile that create opportunities for international students to articulate into BCIT’s domestic programs. In addition, BCIT offers a range of practical programs aimed at increasing cultural and business connections with China through the Confucius Institute at BCIT.