Polytechnics Canada is a non-profit association representing thirteen Canadian colleges, polytechnics, and institutes of technology. Our mission is federal advocacy on behalf of our members. We are a small team of professionals located in downtown Ottawa, seeking a fulltime Administrative Assistant who can be supportive in a number of dynamic areas.
Reports to Executive Assistant and CEO: provides administrative assistance to all staff
- Acts as office receptionist, and supports with phones where and when necessary
- Edits and polishes all association public documents
- Acts as back-up for Executive Assistant in her absence, answering all calls and routing to appropriate staff person
- Responsible for office clean up and hospitality to visitors
Filing and Corporate Archives:
- Maintains, updates and continuously verifies association's electronic database of contacts (Access, Constant Contacts)
- Maintains, updates, purges and archives association paper files and backlog of unfiled documents
- Maintains association electronic archives
Documents and Correspondence:
- Opens and distributes mail, sends/couriers association letters, formats and maintains roster of distribution documents
- Places service orders, researches new products and services, contacts vendors for troubleshooting for all supplies and equipment purchases
- Orders and organizes office and event supplies including materials in storage room; stocks and replenishes office coffee room
- Supports EA on maintenance of vendor files and filing of processed expenses
- Manages supplies, provides conference logistics assistance on the ground, including stocking the association preparation room at event
Qualifications and competencies
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access
- Knowledge of Constant Contact and Event Brite
- Minimum typing speed 50 WPM
- Attainment of post-secondary education credential; Office Administration ideal
- Good communication skills
- Detail oriented
- Ability to work in a high pressure environment; ability to multi-task
- Organization skills
- Understanding of and keen interest in Canadian political process and post-secondary education
- This an entry-level position, but some practical work experience in an office setting is preferred
- Bilingualism will be considered an asset
Overtime work may be required.
Travel within Canada may be required.
If you are interested in applying, please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org to the attention of Amber Smith.